Herman Harder began serving the Milwaukee and Waukesha communities in 1934. Providing the highest quality of service and care at a fair and reasonable cost that has been our signature since Herman Harder opened our first location on Fond Du Lac Avenue in Milwaukee. In 1974 Herman and his son Dean open our second location in Brookfield to serve families from Brookfield, all of Milwaukee county and all of Waukesha County. Today Dean and his son Eric continue the tradition and are still following the guiding principles that Harder Funeral Home was founded on.
At Harder Funeral Home, we take great pride in what we do. Our purpose is to
- Help families make well-planned preparations in their time of need;
- Provide a peaceful and soothing environment where people can gather to honor a loved one
- Preserve longstanding traditions and customs
- Offer personalized and affordable services and products
- Reach out to the greater community
We believe that the success of any business requires dedication and professionalism. In our business, in particular, it also requires a great deal of kindness, compassion and attention to detail. You’ll find these qualities in each and every member of our staff here at Harder Funeral Home.
Put your trust in us to make this experience as comfortable as possible.