Harder Funeral Home has been family owned and operated since its inception in 1942, when Herman Harder began serving the Milwaukee community. In 1960, his son, Dean, graduated from the Wisconsin Institute of Mortuary Science and joined him. The two opened the Brookfield Chapel on Capitol Drive in 1974, with the desire to provide personalized funeral service to the counties of Waukesha and Milwaukee. In 1995, Dean’s son, Eric, completed his schooling at the Milwaukee Area Technical College. Today, Dean, Eric and their staff continue to follow the guiding principles that the Harder Funeral Home was founded on.
At Harder Funeral Home, special care and attention has been our signature since the beginning. Our purpose is to:
- Educate families on all options available, while helping them make decisions to meet their needs.
- Assist with any third party vendors to coordinate service details.
- Create personalized memorializations that celebrate a life lived.
- Provide a peaceful environment where people can gather to honor a loved one.
- Develop lasting relations with the families served and treat them like we would treat our own.
Thank you for putting your trust in us to make this a positive experience.